You could become a Parish Councillor?
This is what people say about living in Poppleton
- It is so lovely to be able to have a country walk just five minutes from your doorstep
- It is difficult to see where one village starts and the other ends but one thing for sure Poppleton has a real sense of community, care and friendship.
- The green space are still separating us from the main development of York so that makes us feel separate from the city.
- The transport links are great to be able to get into the city by train in 4 minutes every hour. The bus is every half hour and takes about 20 minutes.
- The School both primary and secondary are very good at expanding the potential of the children.
- It feels like a safe and friendly environment for all ages.
If you feel this about Poppleton then why not think of becoming a Parish Councillors and help to keep Poppleton as a village community near the historic City of York.
The Parish Council meets once per month. It sets the amount of precept (money that we receive from the City of York) to keep the village tidy and maintained, help the societies and organisations through funding.
Are you interested come to a Parish meeting or contact the Parish Clerk :
James Mackman 01904 399277 or the email@example.com;