NETHER POPPLETON PARISH COUNCIL
MINUTES OF THE PARISH COUNCIL PLANNING MEETING HELD IN THE POPPLETON CENTRE, UPPER POPPLETON, AT 7.00PM ON MONDAY, 18 SEPTEMBER 2023
PRESENT: – Cllrs. E M Jones (Chairman), S P Barry, G R M Bates, R A Harper, J A Hook and C J Lamb and the Clerk, Mr B J W Mackman.
23/237 – TO RECEIVE DECLARATIONS OF DISCLOSABLE PECUNIARY INTEREST (NOT PREVIOUSLY DECLARED) ON ANY MATTERS OF BUSINESS
23/238 – PUBLIC PARTICIPATION
23/239 – TO RECEIVE APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE GIVEN IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING
23/240 – TO CONSIDER THE APPROVAL OF REASONS GIVEN FOR ABSENCE
23/241 – TO CONFIRM THE MINUTES OF THE PLANNING MEETING HELD ON 21 AUGUST 2023The minutes of the Parish Council Planning meeting held on 21 August, having been circulated prior to the meeting, were approved and signed.
23/242 – TO CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING PLANNING APPLICATIONS
GENERIC NOTES ON NPPC RESPONSES
A We support the application
B We have no objections
C We do not object but wish to make comments or seek safeguards
D We object on planning grounds
(a) To consider the following Planning Applications
Details of Planning Applications
Ref: 23/01607/TPO – Fell 4 no. Ash trees, 2m lateral reduction on property side of 1 no. Willow and remove deadwood from 1 no. Sycamore – Trees in a Conservation Area at Oak House, 5 Fox Garth, YO26 6LP.
The Parish council decision was C. The council would like the CYC officers to inspect the condition of the trees to confirm they are Ash and are dead.
If the trees are removed due to disease, then native species should be replanted to maintain the tree canopy which also protects the riverbank.
(b) To note Local Authority Planning Decisions
It was noted that the Local Planning Authority had approved the following applications: –
• Ref: 23/00585/FUL – Single-storey front and rear extensions, roof extension to side with rooflights to front and side and dormer to rear at Ashlea, 2 Long Ridge Lane, YO26 6LX.
• Ref: 23/01272/TPO – Fell 1 no. Willow; and draw back crown over vehicular access of 1 no. Laburnum – trees protected by TPO 1/1970 at Somercote, Main Street, YO26 6HS.
• Ref: 23/01274/TPO – Drawing back between 2-4m of branches overhanging bungalow of 1 no. Sycamore (maximum wound size 50mm) and drawing back in line with Leylandii boundary hedge of 1 no. Ash – trees protected by TPO 1/1970 at Somercote, Main Street, YO26 6HS.
• Ref: 23/01288/FUL – Single-storey side link extension and conversion of garage to habitable space at Orchard House, Cinder Lane, York YO26 6HU.
• Ref: 23/01308/FUL – Variation of condition 4 of permitted application 22/01652/FUL to alter 2no. windows at 54 Millfield Lane, YO26 6ND.
(c) To note the series of emails from the City of York Council enforcement team regarding Church lane wall collapse and subsequent action.
The correspondence between the City of York Council Enforcement officer and Cllrs. Hook, Barry and Jones was circulated. It was noted that, for the present, building has stopped until the original house is made secure. In addition, the correspondence confirmed that there is no adverse effect on neighbouring properties. The owners are to submit new plans and to ensure that the original roof line is restored to keep the balance and proportion of the original building as seen from the street.
It was also agreed that the photos of the entrance to the Lord Nelson parking area be sent to the enforcement team for clarification. (Action Cllr. Jones)
23/243– TO RECEIVE A REPORT FROM THE LISTED BUILDINGS WORKING GROUP
No further report was given.
23/244 – TO NOTE CORRESPONDENCE
The Clerk had previously circulated a series of correspondence relating to planning issues. One communication related to noise in Nether Poppleton.
23/245 – TO AGREE THE DATE OF THE NEXT MEETING
It was agreed that the next regular meeting would be held at 7.00pm in the Poppleton Centre on Monday 16 October 2023.